找回密码
 加入计匠网
搜索
热搜: BIOS ACPI CPU Windows
查看: 8120|回复: 2

Bini help...ACPI 问题_2

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-9-25 15:04:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Bini, I am so confused by the Power Button definition in ACPI Spec which shown as below,please give me a hand,thanks!
$ n/ y- b2 {6 n* M8 zIn legacy systems, the power button typically either forces the machine into Soft Off or Mechanical Off or, on a laptop, forces it to some sleeping state. No allowance is made for user policy (such as the user wants the machine to “come on” in less than 1 second with all context as it was when the user turned the machine “off”), system alert functions (such as the system being used as an answering machine or fax machine), or application function (such as saving a user file).- V$ a6 S5 t) `( n; J% B. }' G) L( B
In an OSPM system, there are two switches. One is to transition the system to the Mechanical Off state. A mechanism to stop current flow is required for legal reasons in some jurisdictions (for example, in some European countries). The other is the “main” power button. This is in some obvious place (for example, beside the keyboard on a laptop). Unlike legacy on/off buttons, all it does is send a request to the system. What the system does with this request depends on policy issues derived from user preferences, user function requests, and application data.
发表于 2008-9-29 11:41:56 | 显示全部楼层
In legacy system, power button controlled by BIOS, when user press Power buton will generate aSMI. BIOS will charge of shut down the system.
- a8 O9 i, e& q6 V, h6 f* b7 o+ C. ZIn an OSPM System, if you press the Power button, the system will generate a SCI, So OS will charge of the behavior.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-9-29 16:50:57 | 显示全部楼层
楼上说的我知道
3 n' c- Y0 L3 f% N4 {' o: q6 h* a我想说的在现在的ACPI系统下面,按下power button后做什么动作是可以在OS底下的POWER option里面设置的对吧?我没有接触过APM后者更老的系统,implement APM BIOS的系统应该是可以进sleep status, 那按下power button后系统进S3,S4,shutdown是不是要进BIOS setup里面去设,在OS底下不行? 那如果连APM 都没有implement的系统可以进sleep state吗?0 x, M5 Y2 x4 o% v! j' w: {7 L" m0 Q
: e9 y# P; f3 S6 E. ^
上面的OSPM system里面讲的那两种Switch弄是跟“实物”联系不起来
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入计匠网

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|计匠网

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 06:29 , Processed in 0.017053 second(s), 17 queries .